Orthodontics for AdultsThe good news for adults is even if you should have received orthodontic treatment as a child and did not, it’s not too late to correct overcrowding or over spacing of the teeth. With the advent of more discreet brace options, many adults are discovering the benefits of orthodontic treatment.
Adults may wish to consider orthodontic treatment for a variety of reasons:
- Correction of problems for which there was no suitable treatment for in childhood
- Desire to improve smile by reduction of overcrowding
- Desire to improve smile by closing of gaps between teeth
- Facilitate other dental treatment required such as crown, bridge or implant work
- Assist with the treatment of gum disease and prevention of early tooth loss
- New technology means treatment can take place without wires and brackets visible